Knowledge BaseBathroom & Kitchen > Bathroom Fixtures
Clean & Care: Baths & Whirlpools
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
- Rinse thoroughly and use a soft cloth to wipe the product dry after each use.
- Do not use steel wool, wire brushes or abrasive sponge pads.
- Use a soft nylon brush on the Safeguard surface, on the bottom of the bath.
- Wipe out bath/whirlpool after each use with soft cloth or squeegee.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Avoid using aerosol products on the bath surface.
- Wipe any splashes of cleaner solutions from plastic or plated surfaces immediately.
Flushing Your Whirlpool
- Flush your whirlpool system twice a month or more, depending upon usage.
- Adjust the jets fully clockwise so there is no air induction.
- Fill the bath with warm water to a level 2" above the highest jets, or leave water in the bath after using.
- Add 2 teaspoons of a low-foaming, powder automatic dishwashing detergent and 20 ounces of household bleach (5% to 6% sodium hypochlorite) to the water.
- Run the whirlpool for 5 to 10 minutes. Then shut off the whirlpool and drain the water.
- Rinse baths surfaces with water.
- Flush your whirlpool system again with water only if desired.